14 min - HD - Chile, Switzerland and France.
Juan Francisco González
Laura Gabay, Anibal Jofré, Felipe Morgado
DOCLA - ECRAN MOBILE - in collaboration with MAFI (Film Map of a Country).
In the middle of Atacama Desert, vestiges of the last nitrate industry are found, while the residents witness the crash of an industry located in the driest place on Earth.
- 22.º Doclisboa - Selección oficial "Green Years" - PORTUGAL (11 October, 2022)
- 15.ª Concurso Juan Downey - Official Selection - CHILE (October, 2022).
- 16.º ATLANTIDOC - Festival Internacional de Cine Documental del URUGUAY (October, 2022).
- 34.º FICVIÑA - Festival Internacional de Cine de Viña del Mar- Official Selection "Ojo Latinoaméricano" - CHILE (November, 2022).
- 11.° Cortópolis - Festival Latinoamericano de Cortometrajes - ARGENTINA (November, 2022).
Markets and incentives
2022: CINELEBU WIP (Chile).
Juan Francisco González (Chile, 1989)
Juan Francisco González. Masters in Documentary Film EICTV (Cuba). Co-founder of DOCLA (Network of Latin American Documentary Filmmakers).
In 2012, he became part of the documentary film chilean collective MAFI (Mapa Fílmico de un País), contributing a large number of documentary pieces for the website mafi.tv and participating as a filmmaker in the collective documentary feature films "PROPAGANDA" (2014) and "DIOS" (2019), premiered and awarded at Visions du Réel.
In 2019, he receives a scholarship to study at Ateliers Varan school (France), where he made the short film "Maria K" who had his World Premiere at Cinéma du Réel festival at the "Première Fenêtre" Competition, received the "Public Award ", and a "Special Mention from the Jury" in FIDOCS (2020), participating in festivals such as Doclisboa, FIDBA, among others.
He has also been selected to participate in "Talents Guadalajara" (2020, Mexico), the "Moulin d'Andé" writing residence (2020, France), "Talents Buenos Aires" (2021, Argentina), Basecamp the Locarno Film Festival (2021, Switzerland) and this year in "Ateliers Medicis" residencies (France).