top of page
14 min - HD - Chile, Switzerland and France.
Juan Francisco González
Laura Gabay, Anibal Jofré, Felipe Morgado
DOCLA - ECRAN MOBILE - in collaboration with MAFI (Film Map of a Country).
In the middle of Atacama Desert, vestiges of the last nitrate industry are found, while the residents witness the crash of an industry located in the driest place on Earth.
- 18º FECIR Rengo International Film Festival - Special Prize of the National Documentary Jury - CHILE (21 - 27 November, 2022).
- 25º ICARO International Film Festival in Central America - Best International Experimental Short Film Competition - GUATEMALA (December 1-10, 2022).
- 16º Curta Taquary Film Festival - International Short Film Competition - Best editing and best sound - BRAZIL.
- The LASA Film Festival - LASA AWARD OF MERIT IN FILM - CANADA (May 2023).
- 1ᵉʳ Paracatu International Film Festival - Best sound International Short Film Competition -BRAZIL (May 2023).
FESTIVALS & ALTERNATIVE SCREENINGS
- 22º Doclisboa - World premiere - Official Selection "Green Years"- PORTUGAL (October 2022).
- 15º Concurso Juan Downey - Official Selection - CHILE (October 22, 2022). - 16º ATLANTIDOC - International Documentary Film Festival - URUGUAY - (October 23, 2022).
- 20º Yogyakarta, Festival Film Dokumenter (FFD) - INDONESIA (November 14, 2022).
- 34º FICVIÑA - Viña del Mar International Film Festival- Official Selection "OJO LATINOAMERICANO" - CHILE (November 17, 2022).
- 11º Cortópolis - Latin American Short Film Festival - ARGENTINA (November 18, 2022).
- 5º FRONTERA SUR International Nonfiction Film Festival - CHILE (November 15 - 19, 2022).
- 43º International Festival of New Latin American Cinema - Official Selection "Documentary Competición" - CUBA (1-10 December 2022).
- 14º FICIQQ Iquique International Film Festival - Short Film Competition - CHILE (December 5-9, 2022).
- 5º FIC LA VENTANA - CHILE (December 16, 2022).
- 5° Festival de Cine Nacional de Ñuble - CHILE (January 2023).
- 15° FECICH - Festival de Cine Chileno - CHILE (January 2023).
- 23° Lebu International Film Festival - CHILE (February 2023).
- 1st CLaP Festival - FRANCE (February 2023).
- 26º Festival de Málaga - Official Selection "Documentary short film competition" - SPAIN (March, 2023). - 41º International Film Festival of Uruguay - Official Selection "Short Film Competition" URUGUAY (April 2023).
- 12º Edition of the Ecofalante Film Festival - BRAZIL (May 2023).
- Qine - Muestra de cine latinoamericano - PERÚ (May 2023).
- 1º SYNCRO, Film Fest - Official Selection - ARGENTINA (June 2023).
- METACINE Itinerante - ARGENTINA (June 2023).
- 14º Cinéma sous les étoiles - CANADA (June 2023).
- 2º FALA São Chico - BRAZIL (June 2023).
- Cinélux - Geneva - SWITZERLAND (June 2023).
- Boom Festival - PORTUGAL (July 2023).
- 4° Semana de Cine Latinoamericano - ARGENTINA (July 2023).
- 16° Festival Internacional de Cine Polo Sur Latinoamericano - CHILE (July 2023).
- 17° Gibara International Film Festival - CUBA (August 2023).
- 29° Film Festival della Lessinia - ITALY (August 2023).
- 2° La Sur Real Film Festival - GERMANY (August 2023).
- 9° Apricot Tree International Documentary Film Festival- ARMENIA (August 2023).
- 46° Drama International Short Film Festival - GREECE (Sept 2023).
- 8th Ethnographic Film Festival of Ecuador - ECUADOR (Sept 2023).
Markets and incentives
2022: CINELEBU WIP (Chile).
Juan Francisco González (Chile, 1989)
Juan Francisco González. Masters in Documentary Film EICTV (Cuba). Co-founder of DOCLA (Network of Latin American Documentary Filmmakers).
In 2012, he became part of the documentary film chilean collective MAFI (Mapa Fílmico de un País), contributing a large number of documentary pieces for the website mafi.tv and participating as a filmmaker in the collective documentary feature films "PROPAGANDA" (2014) and "DIOS" (2019), premiered and awarded at Visions du Réel.
In 2019, he receives a scholarship to study at Ateliers Varan school (France), where he made the short film "Maria K" who had his World Premiere at Cinéma du Réel festival at the "Première Fenêtre" Competition, received the "Public Award ", and a "Special Mention from the Jury" in FIDOCS (2020), participating in festivals such as Doclisboa, FIDBA, among others.
He has also been selected to participate in "Talents Guadalajara" (2020, Mexico), the "Moulin d'Andé" writing residence (2020, France), "Talents Buenos Aires" (2021, Argentina), Basecamp the Locarno Film Festival (2021, Switzerland) and this year in "Ateliers Medicis" residencies (France).
bottom of page